Position Title: Program Director
Cranaleith Spiritual Center is looking for a Program Director responsible for developing and operationalizing retreat and program activity in faithfulness to the mission of Cranaleith, intentionally attending to the spirituality and mission of Mercy, its critical concerns and core values of compassion and justice. In addition to fulfilling the principle duties and responsibilities, the successful candidate will project a high degree of identification with and passion for the mission of Mercy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize, coordinate and as necessary participate in retreats and programs developed in collaboration with presenters and Cranaleith staff, shaping schedule of offerings to reflect the identity of Cranaleith as a Mercy Spiritual Center
- Develop annual program calendars (Summer, Fall/Winter/Spring) including the identification of themes/topics, presenters, dates, pricing and potential marketing strategies in collaboration with Marketing/Communications, Finance and Conference Center staff
- Develop and manage annual programs budget
- Recruit and contract with presenters to provide retreats, programs and services
- Manage presenters and programs including continuous cultivation of relationships, compensation/ stipends and support
- Cultivate, place and nurture volunteers to support programs and hosted groups operations
- Assess and evaluate existing programs and utilize resulting information to modify and grow program offerings
- Support Board of Directors Program Committee including development and timely submission of quarterly minutes and reports
- Other related duties and responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated previous experience in programs regarding spiritual and religious development, retreat ministry and/or spiritual direction; group dynamics and team building; management/administration; knowledge of creating the environment conducive to prayer
- Highly organized and capable of handling a variety of responsibilities related to program development and operations
- Creativity, flexibility, capacity to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant
- Ability to network and interact with a broad base of individuals/organizations
- Computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of master’s degree with at least three years of previous retreat/spiritual direction and administrative experience with current continuing education
- Ability to work evenings, weekend daytime in a flex schedule as required
Please forward your over letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about volunteer opportunities.