We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to provide high-quality administrative and clerical support to the Executive Director and management team in a timely and professional manner. The Administrative Assistant’s main duties include taking and responding to calls, scheduling meetings, program registrations and proofreading. The successful candidate will be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively and, ideally, has prior experience as an Administrative Assistant. Ultimately, the individual will be able to identify and address the needs of senior managers and perform administrative tasks to ensure the Cranaleith Spiritual Center workflow runs smoothly.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate executive communications including taking and responding to calls and emails and interfacing with clients
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for Board and team members
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Work directly and support marketing, program and development staff with mailings, program registration, data input and tracking
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and external clients
- Prepare and format information for internal and external distribution
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Proven work experience as an Administrative or similar role
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Solid experience with office management systems and MS Office including Word and Excel
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems
- Experience using office equipment, including PC and printer
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- High school degree, college degree a plus
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
- Physical: Perform moderately difficult motor skills such as operating computer. Frequently walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Sensory: Able to read fine print in written documents and use visual discrimination in reading documents, including color discrimination. Distinguish normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering telephones, pagers, etc. Able to speak clearly and make self-understood while also understanding others using the English
- Reasoning/Cognitive Ability: Frequent need to understand and communicate concepts behind specific ideas and the theories behind several related concepts. Must be able to frequently remember multiple tasks/assignments given to self and others over long periods of time with frequent interruptions. Must be able to continue work started by another
- Environmental Conditions: Functions in a general office environment under normal conditions.
- Equipment: Ability to operate personal computers and standard office
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and to apply concepts of basic
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Send resume and cover letter to Charlene Flaherty, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org