If you’ve visited Cranaleith, you know that soups are a mainstay of many of our garden-to-table meals. As winter fades away, we find ourselves craving lighter, fresher flavors. This vibrant soup is sure to wake your senses to the coming of Spring.
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbs + 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 tbs fresh ginger, sliced
4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp curry powder
2 cups sliced carrots, about 1/4-inch thick
1 cup sweet potato, cut into about 1/2-inch cubes
5 oz canned coconut milk
Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Chop onion and let it sit for at least five minutes
2. Heat 1 tbs broth in a medium soup pot. Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for another minute.
4. Add curry powder (optional ) and mix well with onions.
5. Add broth, carrots and sweet potato and simmer on medium high heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
6. Add coconut milk.
7. Blend in batches making sure blender is not more than half full. When soup is hot, and the blender is too full, it can erupt and burn you. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Return to soup pot and reheat.
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes, Serves 4