Community Clergy Training Program: Ministering to Veterans
A free, two-day, interactive training is co-sponsored by the VA National Chaplain Center and Cranaleith Spiritual Center
Breakfast and lunch will be provided courtesy of the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania.
Many Veterans and their family members seek help for their problems from clergy because they feel the faith community can provide anonymity, confidentiality and a stigma-free environment. Yet clergy members sometimes have limited knowledge about readjustment difficulties and the unique health issues such as post-traumatic stress, or depression common to returning warriors. This event can help prepare you to support them.
The Community Clergy Training Program offers critical resource to educate and support the faith community.
The Program Objectives
To educate and inform spiritual leaders and others about:
- Military culture and civilian cultures
- Common combat and military service-related health concerns
- The challenges of readjusting to civilian life
- Pastoral care for Veterans and their families.
- Working with VA and community health care professionals
- Building a network of community support for military members, Veterans and their families
Overnight accommodations at the Cranaleith Spiritual Center are available for an additional fee. Contact us for more information at 215-934-6206 or firstname.lastname@example.org